Thursday, January 14, 2010

Sketch-a-day Vol. 2 005

New sketch a day thanks to Melisa Des Rosiers who threw out the idea of basing a sketch-a-day on a television, a tree, and desperation. Thanks.

So last night I finally got to watch Inglorious Basterds. I'm not sure if I'll be all that excited to see the next Tarantino movie. I mean, talk about packing a movie so full of references to other movies and an era of filmmaking that your own film loses it's way. It had a few story lines, but literally none of them had the chance to be complex. It was just a bunch of static characters all around, talking far too much. He had that tense feel he always is able to get, but at this point it's so expected from him, he needs to learn a new trick, or at least ditch a few "trademarks" to make more room for story.

But, it's still full of inspiring wwII imagery, and now I feel like I need to draw some.

4 comments:

Jack C. Gregory said...

Speaking of WWII, have you seen the new trailers for The Pacific on HBO. It's made by the same people that did Band of Brothers. It looks really good.

Mike Puncekar said...

I most definitely have. I can't wait. luckily with the web, if i can't make the first showing i can download and buy the box set when i can. When BoB hit, i saw the attack on foy episode, which is actually still my favorite episode, and saw none of the others. Then had to wait a year to actually see what the show was all about. So I am pumped to actually see it for the first time on television.

Melisa Des Rosiers said...

Nice! You drew a response. ^_^
I like all the texture feel to it. He really doesn't look like he wants to be up there. XD

PhiL said...

hey mike, its phil, just sayin hello, oh yeah, and nice piece