Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Hellboy/Spawn Crossover

What I worked on today. Took quite a bit longer than I thought it would. Shouldn't have waited till the day before. But! I do like it much more than anything else I've done for comicbook. Has  slew of problems that could use fixing. We will see if I can get to them tommorrow. 

Assignment was to take two comicbook characters, same series or different, and put them together into one splash page of sorts. Basis that it could be a potential portfolio piece.

For now, I sleep and worry about the massive amount of film and lit homework I have, and the rewrite I have to do to save my grade. Essays. I. Hate. Essays. Really paying for some slacking off in there right now. Big Time. On top of that, english exam next monday.

Sorry for the lack of updates. Haven't done anything worth posting. Bit of a slump the past few days. Seemed like every mark was a bad one.

8 comments:

Jack C. Gregory said...

That's a bad-ass cape.

Unknown said...

Super delicious! That cape is crazy awesome!

Anonymous said...

This is rather busy mike, Once it's inked it will chill out but either way i love your comicbook style, and the perspective of this is really nice. well done sir

David Hovey said...

Gunna have to agree with the others. That cape is mad-hella-sweet.

Alex Lyon said...

Mike, I'm gonna go ahead and say it...LUSH. I am also in agreement with Mr. Moore, Nice perspective. That really makes it for me. Though the cape is none to shabby either. In the words of some jerk I know "Asspats all around". I think that sums it up. haha

Mike Puncekar said...

Thanks ya'll. Good to know some extra time payed off in the cape.

Also. LUSH?

Big Brother said...

Brother, Ink it and send it to me. It's awesome.

D.Marciniak said...

These look like some pretty professional pencils, IMO. I'm impressed, and super crazy jealous. The energy in the cape is just amazing, and the way the chains undulate throughout the composition is a really nice touch. And that building perspective...yum!
Rad job.